Key suspect - {Written & Directed By Vivek Pranavamurthi}
Key Suspect
Writer, Director & Producer: Vivek Pranavamurthi (Youtube) (IMDb)
Cast: Vivek Pranavamurthi
Naqib Rahimi (IMDb)
Colorist: Peter Fabiny
Sound: Julian Buitrago
Foley: Fabian Buitrago
-----------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis from Youtube:
In KEY SUSPECT, a missing item turns into a full-blown interrogation when one extremely reasonable roommate ties the other to a chair and demands answers. A 90-second comedy thriller about suspicion, betrayal, and the consequences of messing with the wrong roommate
-----------------------------------------------------------
Review:
I have never done a review for a comedy on this blog, so I’m glad this is my first one. Taking such a silly, everyday concept and making it work well in under 90 seconds is not something everyone can pull off. Honestly, even trying to review this in a professional manner feels a little silly to me because everything about it was just so much fun.
The line delivery was great and genuinely cracked me up within the first three seconds, and the serious facial expressions made it even funnier. That contrast between the ridiculous situation and how seriously the characters treated it worked really well. It never felt like the short was trying too hard to be funny, which I think is what made the humor land naturally.
Whoever handled the lighting in the closet and during editing deserves some appreciation too. The lighting actually helped keep up the thriller-like atmosphere, especially considering how difficult it can be to stabilize and control lighting in a dark, confined room.
One small thing I would have liked to see is a little more color grading in the kitchen scene. Adding a bit more color and visual variation could make the scene feel more cinematic rather than resembling a scrollable comedy sketch. It is a small detail, but I think it could give the short a more polished film-like quality while still keeping the simple and silly tone that makes it work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N; I apologize for any grammatical or structural mistakes my sentences might have, English isn't my first language and never have I ever before tried writing reviews in a professional way. If some of the sentences or phrases are overly descriptive or complicated that's because it has been directly translated from Georgian to English. I'll try to improve my style of writing in each post.
Have a peaceful day <3
Comments
Post a Comment